Thursday, June 2, 2016

The Go With Everything Summer Shoe...









 Ph via Pinterest
Ph via Pandora Sykes
Style Theory: So simple, so elegant and utterly timeless, heeled espadrilles have been around forever and are staying with us this season. They are my summer holiday sandals of choice, no matter how many pairs of sandals I take with me I always end up wearing espadrilles on a night out. They are incredibly comfortable, cushioning your feet at you walk, are prefect for sandy roads and are super flattering on your legs. Buy a plain, neutral colour and be safe in the knowledge they will be the only evening heels you need.

Here are the best on the high street starting with my very favourite brand..

Castaner - These are the creme de la creme of affordable espadrilles. They look fairly basic but it is the cut that sets them apart from the rest, the front is cut low so incredibly flattering on your leg, the heel elevates your leg so it looks longer, the tie not too chunky on the ankle. Castaner created the first espadrille wedge for Yves Saint Laurent in the 60s so they know what they are doing. Most of the streetstyle photos above are wearing Castaner espadrilles, these are the ones I am going to invest in (normally I spend less but these are worth it), I think I am going to go for the black below, I have lots of black summer dresses and I love them with ankle length jeans and a blouse.
Castaner @Net a Porter £70
Loving the red too, these would add a gorgeous pop of colour to any outfit..
Castaner @Net a Porter £75
Navy below is a softer option that is flattering on your feet against paler skin..
Castaner @Net a Porter £70
Now for a few less expensive options..
Zara £49.99
A real statement espadrille, quite high so I am not sure how comfy these would be but they would look amazing with a black summer dress.
Zara £29.99
Metallic always add a spot of glamour to a summer look.
Zara £29.99
These look fabulous on, the perfect flat espadrille.

Asos £22
This stripe would add interest to a plain tee shirt and jeans/denim short look
River Island £45
Super glamorous with a gorgeous ribbon detail.
River Island £48
These are so cute and look fabulous on, they would look great with denim shorts and a white shirt.
Selfridges Leather Espadrilles £40
Very Chanel-esque but not quite as expensive, these leather espadrilles look subtle but glam.
After having a really good trawl through the shops and internet for the best espadrilles it turns out they are no longer a cheaper option which makes my campaign (in my head) to buy the Castaner ones stronger, I think they will be fab for my summer holiday and hopefully useful in the UK too if teh sun ever shows it's face.

Are you a fan of the classic espadrille, where do you buy yours from? As always I would love to hear your thoughts and comments, until next time Fran xxx

Artikel Terkait


EmoticonEmoticon