Tuesday, July 26, 2016

The One Holiday Item you need this Summer











images via Pinterest
Style Theory: The denim short, my holiday must-have. The easiest item to mix with everything on holiday, from vest tops and flip flops to the beach to beautiful white tops and tan sandals in the evening. Without a doubt my denim shorts are the item I wear the most on my summer holiday, they are super robust, look laid back and avoid the nightmare that is thigh rubbing (arghh!!)

I love a pair of denim shorts with a boho style top for the beach, they are easy to sling on. I always size up and try on lots of pairs to ensure they hang loose on me, I am not a fan of tight denim shorts, they look better when the leg opening is slightly bigger giving the illusion of thinner legs and I always make sure they stop just at the the most flattering (ie where my thighs are not at the fattest) point on my legs. I buy bigger and longer then chop them to the correct length for me. I wore my H&M scalloped shorts every day on my mini break to Barcelona, I nearly didn't buy them as I had to size up 3 sizes to get them to fit (which, to be honest was really off putting) but I am glad I ignored the sizes and bought the ones that fit! It is safe to say that after a couple of summers not being mad for denim shorts I am back on board with bells on..

Here are the best I have found on the high street..
Levis £40
The original and I still love mine. They are super flattering on the bottom as the pockets are a decent size and well placed.
Denim & Supply Ralph Lauren £70
I am a huge fan of distressed denim shorts, they look super laid back and cool, add a pretty top and a pair of rope flat sandals (love these from Topshop) The pale denim colour looks spot on, really authentic.
River Island £32
River Island jeans tend to be well cut, I like the colour of these shorts but may be tempted to chop off the turn ups for a sharper look.
Northmore Denim @Asos £28
These are great of you are after a longer length, I have a pair similar that are my schoolrun shorts, they cover up a bit more than my shorter 501 shorts.
H&M £19.99
Long denim shorts look great worn with blouses and shirts, add a pair of delicate sandals for a chic look.
Pandora Sykes
Long shorts perfectly styled by Pandora Sykes above..
H&M £19.99
Loose, comfy, although do watch H&M sizing, they do tend to come up small.

Fat Face £40
Fab pale colour, I always find Fat Face shorts a good fit.

My Style
My scalloped H&M denim shorts (now sold out) have been my most worn piece of clothing so far this summer..
Blouse - Travelling Bazaar £50
Shorts - H&M (sold out)
Shoes - H&M (old season)

Top - Zara £22.99
Bikini Top (underneath tulle top) - CocoBay
Shorts - H&M (sold out)
Sandals - Wallis £20
Bag- Borrowed from my sister!
Top - Monsoon £49
Shorts - H&M (sold out)
Sandals - Wallis £20
Bag - Gucci Soho 

So for me, this year, denim shorts rule and dresses are taking a slight back seat, especially for daytime. Are you a fan of denim shorts, do you have some you pull out your wardrobe summer after summer? As always I would love to hear your thoughts and comments, Fran xxx

Artikel Terkait


EmoticonEmoticon