Monday, October 24, 2016

Topshop Autumn Winter - the perfect 'Fashion Lift' for your wardrobe...


Style Theory: I am a huge fan of Topshop, it is a shop I go into and never fail to find at least 5 things I would love to buy. It is such a good place to find trend driven prices,  perfect for adding to my wardrobe basics each year. The clothes do not last a lifetime but are the perfect 'fashion lift' to my existing looks, easily updating my outfits and making me look at little more 'on trend'

I went a little crazy recently and ordered quite a few pieces to brighten up my outfits, every item was a winner. You know how I love a bit of gold and metallics, well these are all fairly sparkly but are not only resigned to Christmas time, they can be worn most of the year around, I love to make my clothes work hard for me, investment pieces or not and these items I will be wearing a lot!

The Ultimate Skirt..

A pleated skirt is a must have this season and this one is velvet ticking two trends at once. It is a heavy fabric that hangs beautifully and it so flattering on. It looks just as good worn with trainers as it does with heels or ankle boots, I bought the petite version which was weirdly the same length as the normal version (I measured them in store).

Top - Topshop £39
Skirt - Topshop £55
Shoes - M&S £29.50

The jumper is a complete failsafe piece, I love a turtleneck, perfect in the winter and the sleeves make it evening appropriate. This is a top I will again and again over this season, under dungarees or with boyfriend jeans and heels on an evening out and of course with this skirt..

The Hint of Gold Top...



Top - Topshop £39
Trousers - Monsoon £69
Jacket - Monsoon £79

This top is not restricted to party season, it can worn day to day with jeans and trainers or to work with tailored trousers and flats for a Parisienne look. I lovethe gold flecks (metallics make me happy!) and the lace is beautiful down the middle of the top and at the end of the sleeves. The perfect day to night time top. Naturally, the high neck sealed the deal for me, a super easy top to wear, I sized up a size for comfort.

The Sparkly Shoes..



Jacket - Mango £89.99
Blouse - Monsoon £59
Jeans - Gap (old season)
Shoes - Topshop £49
Bag - Furla @VeryExclusive £540

I just could not resist these sparkly shoes, it was love at first sight. They are like Dorothy (Wizard of Oz) shoes, I wore with my oldest boyfriend jeans and lacy Monsoon top and they received so many compliments on my night out! They are comfy thanks to the block heel and a great height for me, not only perfect for Christmas parties but pretty good for any going out occasion..they are gorgeous!! They have sold out online but it worth checking in your local store - I have put a couple of alternatives below..
Topshop -  £69 
If I didnt have the glitter shoes above these would be my choice, real leather, a fab shape and a block heel, wear with bare legs of you can or mix it up with black fishnet tights under a midi dress.
Topshop £50
These are so 70s disco and the most beautiful colour, my friend has them and says they are unbelievably comfortable..comfy and stylish - win win..

A few more Topshop pieces I have my eye on..
Topshop Boutique £90
I always look in the "Boutique' section of Topshop online (or if I am on Oxford St branch) The clothes are more expensive but they really have a designer-esque edge. This blouse is stunning, I adore the big bow, I would wear with my boyfriend jeans and brown high heeled boots for the perfect dressed down/dressed up look.

Topshop Boutique £90
If you are more of a statement trouser girl, these are the best I have seen. Again, the big bow looks great and they are a fab carrot shape so will look good with a black cashmere sweater and black heels.
Topshop £79
If you are looking for a fur jacket, this is a great shape, I bought the same last year and wore it loads. It is warm and snuggly and perfect for over an evening dress or over a jumper, jeans, trainer combo for the schoolrun.
Topshop £36
The perfect neutral jumper to pair with your gold items, the breton jumper is an Autumn Winter must have. I have linked to the 'Tall' version of this jumper above as I like my jumpers to be a little longer and am happy to roll up the sleeves, I do this on nearly all my jumpers anyway as I am a shortie!
Topshop £36
This does the lace/ jumper thing for you, pair with black skinny jeans and black heeled ankle boots for a feminine but slightly grungy look.
Topshop £65
A beautiful embroidered top, it is on a animal print style mesh, looks very D&G. Again I would wear this with boyfriend jeans and black heels for a night out just sling a tux jacket over the top. 
Topshop Boutique £225
I couldn't resist this beautiful pink coat, it is a car coat so this signifies that it is not the warmest coat in the world but can be layered with a thin puffer gilet (I like a dark red with pink) It will lift any wardrobe, pink is such a versatile colour and can be worn with so many colours in any wardrobe. The colour is stunning, I think I need this in my life!

All Streetstyle photos by Victoria Metaxas 

Are you a fan of Topshop? Do you indulge in a few seasons updates every year? I know I will wear these things above non stop over the season. 

So now half term officially begins and we are off to play tennis them to see Trolls..not sure I can take the pace, Jack woke up this morning and proclaimed he had planned the whole week! We are off to catch up with friends in Edinburgh at the end of the week so any suggestions of fun things to do in Edinburgh with kids would be great and also kid friendly places to eat would be sooo appreciated- thanks xx

 As always I would love to hear your thoughts and comments, until next time Fran xxx

Artikel Terkait


EmoticonEmoticon